Last updated: March 14, 2021
Interpretation and definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
Account means a unique account created for you to access our service or parts of our service.
Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
Application means the software program provided by the company downloaded by you on any electronic device, named Xcite.dating
Company (referred to as either “the company”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this agreement) refers to Affractance Pty ltd , Randburg, Johannesburg .
Country refers to: South Africa
Device means any device that can access the service such as a computer, a cellphone, or a digital tablet.
Personal data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
Service refers to the application.
Service provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the company to facilitate the service, to provide the service on behalf of the company, to perform services related to the service or to assist the company in analyzing how the service is used.
Third-party social media service refers to any website or any social network website through which a user can log in or create an account to use the service.
Usage data refers to data collected automatically, either generated using the service or from the service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
You mean the individual accessing or using the service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the service, as applicable.
Collecting and using your personal data
Types of data collected
While using our service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, Suburb ,city, province, /postal code
- Usage data
Usage data is collected automatically when using the service.
Usage data may include information such as your device’s internet protocol address (e.g. Ip address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique id, the ip address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our service or when you access the service by or through a mobile device.
Information from third-party social media services
The company allows you to create an account and log in to use the service through the following third-party social media services:
If you decide to register through or otherwise grant us access to a third-party social media service, we may collect personal data that is already associated with your third-party social media service’s account, such as your name, your email address, your activities, or your contact list associated with that account.
Information collected while using the application
While using our application, to provide features of our application, we may collect, with your prior permission:
- Information regarding your location
- Pictures and other information from your device’s camera and photo library (that you have consent to uploaded)
We use this information to provide features of our service, to improve and customize our service. The information may be uploaded to the company’s servers and/or a service provider’s server or it may be simply stored on your device.
You can enable or disable access to this information at any time, through your device settings.
Use of your personal data
The company may use personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our service, including to monitor the usage of our service.
- To manage your account: to manage your registration as a user of the service. The personal data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the service that are available to you as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items, or services you have purchased or of any other contract with us through the service.
- To contact you: to contact you by email, telephone calls, sms, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage your requests: to attend and manage your requests to us.
- For business transfers: we may use your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by us about our service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: we may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With service providers: we may share your personal information with service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our service, for payment processing, to contact you.
- For business transfers: we may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With business partners: we may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
- With other users: when you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If you interact with other users or register through a third-party social media service, your contacts on the third-party social media service may see your name, profile, pictures, and description of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you and view your profile.
- With your consent: we may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
Retention of your personal data
The company will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of your personal data
Your information, including personal data, is processed at the company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your city, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of your personal data
Under certain circumstances, the company may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. A court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The company may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the company.
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the service.
- Protect the personal safety of users of the service or the public
- Protect against legal liability.
Security of your personal data
The security of your personal data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Detailed information on the processing of your personal data
The service providers we use may have access to your personal data. These third-party vendors collect, store, use, process and transfer information about your activity on our service in accordance with their privacy policies.
We may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our service.
Google analytics is a web analytics service offered by google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our service. This data is shared with other google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of google, please visit the google privacy & terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy
We may use your personal data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
We may use email marketing service providers to manage and send emails to you.
SendInBlue is an email marketing sending service. SendInBlue a simplified, joint-stock company, registered with the Paris Trade and Companies Register under number 498 019 298 and whose registered office is located at 55 rue d’Amsterdam, 75008 Paris, France.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the service. In that case, we may use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. Payment processors).
Apple store in-app payments:
Google play in-app payments:
Links to other websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By visiting this page on our website: www.xcite.dating